IT IS difficult to address a problem that one willingly refuses to acknowledge. That is apparently why our president, his spokespeople, and our major media suggest jobs programs, social media, and getting moms talking as responses to the horrific violence committed by the Islamic State, even as the group openly declares its intentions and methods.
Dr. Timothy R. Furnish, a consultant, researcher and author on the topics of Islam, Mahdism, Jihadism, Shi`ism, and other Islamic sects, discusses the eschatology of the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL), how much its religious beliefs differ from mainstream Islam (hint: they really don’t), and how the group’s view of end times prophecy directs its bloody political, military, and religious agenda.
- Holiest Wars: Islamic Mahdis, their Jihads and Osama bin Laden — Dr. Furnish’s 2005 book on the topic of Islamic holy war
- What’s Worse than Violent Jihadists by Timothy R. Furnish (article from 2005 predicting what we read about ISIS today)
- Beheading in the Name of Islam by Timothy R. Furnish — 2005 article in which he concludes Islam is “a religion of the sword with the blade forever at the throat of the unbeliever.”
- What ISIS Really Wants by Graeme Wood
- The Limits of the ‘Islamic’ Label by Fareed Zakaria
- In Battle to Defang ISIS, U.S. Targets Its Psychology – New York Times article that quotes Maj. Gen. Michael Nagata as saying, “We do not understand the movement, and until we do, we are not going to defeat it.”
Please join Derek and Sharon Gilbert Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM Central Time (UTC -6) for the Gilbert House Fellowship, our live online Bible study webcast. Log on to www.GilbertHouse.org for more details.
Download a smaller, lower-fidelity version of the mp3 of this show by clicking here.